- Every woman has a right to take legal action against any person who assaults or tries to outrage her modesty by any deliberate constant gesture or physical force (Sec. 354 of IPC).
- Every woman has a right to lodge a complaint in the police station , if she is forced to have sexual intercourse against her will (Sec. 376 of IPC).
- A woman has the right to lodge a complaint if she is being harassed, eve teased and passed rude remarks in public places like buses, trains, roads etc. (Sec. 354 of IPC).
- Every woman has a right to take legal action against her husband if she is being tortured both physical and mentally or tortured for not agreeing to the demand of money or valuables (Sec. 498(A) of IPC).
- If the relations of the husband of a woman or her mother-in-law or any other relatives, torture her and demand money, valuable articles from her parents, she can lodge a complaint against them. (Sec. 498(A) of IPC).
If a woman has been kidnapped , a crime has been committed and she has the right to lodge a complaint. (Sec. 366 of IPC).
- A woman if she is a witness has a right to be examined in her own house in the presence of her close relatives(Sec.160 of Cr PC).
- A woman should not sign the FIR unless she is satisfied that it is accurate. (National Commission for women).
- If the officer concerned refuses to register the FIR, a copy of the complaint should be sent to the respective Superintendent of police of the District immediately.
- A woman can be searched, only by another woman with strict regard to decency. (Section 51 and 100 Cr PC)
No male under the age of 15 years or a woman can be summoned by police as witnesses to depose about the facts and circumstances in a case under investigation at any place other than the place in which such male person or woman resides. (Sec. 160 Cr PC)